,

CONFIDENT IN MY OWN SKIN

3:45 PM


Today I feel that I can confidently say that I am happy with the way I look. I've struggled with being confident and happy with the way I look for many years now. I've never been overweight, just unhappy with my weight and my appearance. I feel like girls have so many issues with their appearance especially in the stomach area. For me, I've always been insecure with how I looked in anything formfitting that would bring attention to that area. I love the summer but always felt so uncomfortable in a bikini while all my fit friends rocked it. 

Now fast forward almost a year later and a full summer of being the best me possible, I can proudly say that I am happy with how I look. I knew that the only way to actually change was to get off my lazy ass and do something about it. Now I know that looks aren't everything, but looking good makes you feel better and when you feel better about yourself you become a generally happy person. The wise words of Elle Woods that "endorphins make people happy" is completely true. Oddly, I sometimes get excited about going to the gym, as crazy as that sounds. I enjoy finishing a workout knowing that that hour I just spent at the gym rather than sitting on my couch just completely changed my mood. 

I spent my summer living in gluten free/lactose free house which surprisingly wasn't that difficult. I learned to make delicious and easy food and could easily get my quick fix of "normal" food on my lunch break during work. To keep myself busy I decided to go to the gym practically everyday. That summer was when I decided that when I go home I need to keep up all the hard work that I've done. 

With all of this being said, I am proud to know that all my hard work and grueling early morning work outs have paid off. I sit here on my computer writing this post eight pounds less than I did almost a year ago. 

To all the girls out there who are uncomfortable with the way they look: rather than beating yourself up about it, take that anger and do something about it. Whether it be changing your diet or spending a few less hours on the couch, make a choice and stick with it because the results will be mind blowing. I spent years secretly feeling insecure. My hard work has silently paid off and it feels amazing when that silent hard work turns into success that makes everyone talk.  

I end this with an ode to all the badass hard working girls who know how to work what they got and be happy with who they are. From them I've learned that with hard work and determination, the results that you want will soon follow. 

xo,
Hannah



You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

18 and trying to figure out my next move in life.

''A blog featuring the perils of growing up. Often personal and embarrassing, sometimes fashiony and aesthetically pleasing." - Charly Cox