THANKSGIVING | FRIENDSGIVING

9:37 AM

This Thanksgiving was one to remember and the start of a new tradition. As usual I went to the annual Thanksgiving football game against Needham which is the longest rivalry in the area... or something like that. I'm not a big football person especially since we're not known for our football team. I'm clearly not big into our team considering I still don't know if we won or not (guilty as charged). For the time that I was at the game, it was weird to see all the kids back from college all meeting up. It was also bittersweet to think that this would be my last thanksgiving before I would begin to travel home for the break. 


After the game my parents and I scooted to the Cape for a small Thanksgiving feast. It's usually with the whole family but this year we all had different things going on so it was just 12 of us. It was nothing big as everyone was in bed and asleep by 9:30 (I think it was due to the fact that we all felt stuffed to death by the excess amount of 2 turkeys and my pumpkin whoopie pies). Luckily there were plenty of leftovers to bring back home for the start of a new tradition. Friends-giving.



Now on Saturday, after giving everyone a day of rest, I hosted friends-giving at my house. I set up a long table at the end of the island in my kitchen. I had to make sure there was enough room for 18 or so kids and all their food. I made everyone bring some sort of leftover to ensure that there would be enough food. To my surprise everyone (even the boys) showed up with delicious leftovers.

It was such a great time filled with friends and food and a little champagne to kick it off right. Sadly, we were missing a few important people but it was still a successful way for all of us to get together and just have a laugh.






Now here comes the cheesy part. I am so thankful for all my amazing friends who I love so much. Though annoying at times they are all truly amazing people who I will miss so much when we soon all go off on a new journey. 

I hope everyone and anyone who reads any of my posts had a great Thanksgiving with family and true friends. 

xo,
Hannah


You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

18 and trying to figure out my next move in life.

''A blog featuring the perils of growing up. Often personal and embarrassing, sometimes fashiony and aesthetically pleasing." - Charly Cox